Firefly is obsessed with marketing for the moment we live in. We have an insatiable desire to help brands navigate the ever-changing waters of digital and emerging technologies.
We are now going on a journey of documenting our interactions, sharing value driven content through video including educational based video series, an interview series and a "day in the life of" with Anthony.
Your focus will mainly be internal firefly work capturing various hero content ideas above with Anthony Baxter - our CEO. You will be aiming to build Anthony's personal brand globally and by association - firefly's brand and position of authority through genuine, authentic and value-driven content produced for social media. Your split of work will be 75% internal firefly focus and 25% external client focus with some brand video opportunities too.
You will have a marketing team focussing on distributing the content across the following channels:
YouTube (HERO content)
Facebook (HERO content)
LinkedIN (micro content 2-5 mins)
Instagram + insta stories (micro content 15-60 seconds)
Twitter (micro content 15-60 seconds)
Podcasts (audio ripped from HERO content)
Email distribution (sharing the HERO content)
Your job will be to focus on capturing the HERO content, and then editing for the micro content specs.
This is a rare opportunity to not only be a part of a world-class culture, but also shadow firefly's CEO being privy to most meetings and interactions. Not only will every day be different, but you will see first hand what it looks like to grow an award winning international digital marketing agency working with some of the hottest brands.
You will have a true passion for story-storytelling through video and capturing the emotion, creating a combination of raw authentic video and polished video.
You will be a good all rounder, adaptable to different work environments. Our clients at firefly span across multiple industries.
- Storyboarding - You will have creative control to help direct the direction we go with our various video content. We will look for feedback and your creative direction to help navigate and perfect content produced.
- Lighting, sound and setup - assessing locations and staging requirements for productions. You will need to think on your feet and be agile, as some shoots will be controlled in our offices at the BHIVE and others will be on set, at the customers premise or even on the road following "the hustle"
- Shooting - You will be confident in shooting video, getting the best angles and frame shots to capture the story.
- Editing - You use your creative craft and grasp of culture to execute attention-grabbing video work with experience cutting branded content in documentary and scripted formats. You will be confident in grabbing hero content and cutting this into micro pieces created specific for each social channel.
E.G You will be comfortable making shortform snapchat/instagram video and longform storytelling from the pillar content we capture.
You have experience in the finishing process for digital and broadcast, as well as an interest in keeping up on the latest trends and evolution of technology in our industry.
Travel opportunities - Our CEO is based in Bondi, Sydney and travels to Auckland every 2nd week. Once per month you will fly to Sydney for 4-days and capture video content with Anthony Baxter in Australia. Flights, accommodation and expenses are included.
The ideal candidate has a can do attitude, understand and lives in the digital space, has an infectious smile, upbeat demeanor, and warm personality that contributes to an already amazing company culture.
- 2 years experience in video creation
- Solid experience executing in digital and social media
- Creative Suite skills including Premier and After Effects
- Understanding of platforms and social media best practice
- Good knowledge of file formats, codecs, and their proper handling
- Skills in motion graphics, video editing or photography are helpful
- Experience with social-first video production
- You will have your own camera, Firefly will invest in lighting and sound for shooting at the BHIVE
Travel opportunities to Australia monthly and other places we may speak at during events
A rare learning opportunity to work alongside our CEO - Anthony Baxter and shadow him as we grow and scale firefly
Competitive base package
Potential to grow with our agency and move up the ranks
Work out of one of the most technologically advanced offices in NZ within a world class culture.
& Yes, there is table tennis at our office because we are a marketing tech company after all ;)